With just a few days remaining before our trip up north, I decided to make a follow up call to one of the companies that I’d interviewed with in November. After the initial interview, I called back once to talk to an engineer who was not available the day of the interview. Then I called back again to see how things were going and mentioned that I hadn’t talked to the Engineering Manager yet, so they arranged this and I talked with him for a while. I called again and was told that they were considering making me an offer.
When I called today, the Human Resources contact was not available, so I left a message. For some reason, I lost focus on what I wanted to say and left a rambling, stuttering, incomprehensible message. After interviewing successfully with four engineers, I felt I’d blown it with this message.
A little later, HR called me back. The first thing I heard was, “I’m sorry…”. My heart sank. My fear that I had blown it had been realized. But this was followed by, “… for not getting back to you earlier. We’d like to offer you the position.”
She emailed me an acceptance letter, which I immediately signed and returned. What a fantastic Christmas present for me and my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment