Meanwhile, a member of FlightSafety Information Technology (IT - a computer guru) was in the classroom talking to my instructor about difficulties getting the Garmin G1000 simulator software to run on any FSI computer. Apparently, none of the computers here have DirectX 9 compatible hardware. I told my instructor that I could go to almost any Ma & Pa flight school in the country and get this software to run, but FSI can't run it? Unbelieveable! Especially considering FSI has two Cessna's with G1000 cockpit on the flight line.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
CFI-A Lesson 17
Today's lesson was a long, four part ground brief. It covered Aeromedical Factors, Night Flight Operations, High Altitude Operations, and Aircraft Airworthiness. I was given my choice of either Night Ops or Airworthiness for my presentation - I chose Night Ops. I figured I'd easily exceed 30 minutes and probably run to 45 minutes. At 50 minutes, I wrapped up in a rapid flurry. There's just so much to cover. After my presentation we talked about the other three areas briefly in a question/answer format.
No comments:
Post a Comment