Saturday, August 29, 2009

Vero Beach Sea Turtle Sculptures

Ever since moving to Vero Beach, I've been intrigued by the sea turtle sculptures that are placed all around town. Last week, my nephew Gabe was talking about them. His family was staying at the Driftwood Resort, which has a couple sculptures within close walking distance. I was inspired to try to find them all, take pictures, gather information, and place the information on a Google Map. Searching the web, I found Turtle Trax. The turtles are sponsored by local companies and painted by local artists and the proceeds support Mental Health Services.

Today, we were at the spray park at Royal Palm Point for a birthday party. The park is home to "Peace On Earth". Here are the pictures I took while there.

From Sea Turtles

From Sea Turtles

I added the pictures to my new public Web Album. I also started working on my Google Map that shows all the locations around town. As time permits and the weather cooperates, I'll make my way to each location and get my own photographs and add them to the map. I've already discovered that the location from Turtle Trax is not accurate, so it will take some time to track them all down.

2 comments:

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

Fun project, good photos!

Andrew's comment: Daddy, why are you taking pictures of turtles?

David's response: Why do you like taking pictures of light switches?