Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween 2010

All weekend long, Andrew could think of little more than Trick or Treating. As the sun dropped below the trees, his excitement was almost too much to handle. We sent him to his room to get prepared and out walked a Star Wars Clone Trooper.


The neighbors were having a get together, complete with tent, food, beer, movie projector, and inflatable movie screen. Andrew waited impatiently for the neighbor kids to finish their pizza so he could join them in candy collection. In the meantime, another neighbor showed him an awesome bubble maker. This kept Andrew busy for over 20 minutes.


After the kids left, I had a few beers with the neighbor, who was now dressed as Mario. His buddy was dressed as Luigi. They were both in character and having a great time tormenting the kids that stopped by. He gave me a clean room uniform to wear, complete with booties and head gear, so I wasn't alone without a costume. Meanwhile, Charlie Brown's Great Pumpkin was playing on the big screen. It was funny watching all the kids stop by the screen and watch for a few minutes before continuing on their way.

I was surprised by the number of kids that stopped by. I started handing out two items each, but soon realized that I would run out at that rate, so I cut back to one each. Even so, I ran out after about an hour.


Just as the heat of the suit overwhelmed me and I took off the head gear, the kids returned. I was hoping to surprise Andrew with a big hug. Maybe next year...

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Nah ....getting too big for that.Especially, in front of other kids!

George said...

It looked like you had "big heap fun". The bubble machine was awsome! Andrew looked good in his costume!---What happened with Darth Vader?---
We had a great number of kids....one. It was Noah, about 10 Pm., after they came home from a Church Halloween Party.

David S said...

Too big for what?? Dressing up? That's how I felt, too, until the beers started kicking in.

Andrew doesn't want to be Darth Vader; he's too scary.