Friday, August 7, 2020

SpaceX Launches Starlink-9

Tonight SpaceX launched 57 Starlink satellites and 2 ride sharing BlackSky satellites on a Falcon 9 booster from Kennedy Space Center. We left home at 11:30 and drove to the Cocoa Beach Pier. I was hoping to get a nice picture of the launch over the pier.

When we arrived, we were happy to discover that parking is free after 7:00 PM – nice! After parking, we walked to the beach and scouted around for a spot that would provide nice photo composition. After walking around for about 15 minutes, I chose a spot and went back to the car to get the camera and tripod. Andrew tuned in to the live broadcast while I tested the exposure and framing in the camera. At 1:12 AM, the Falcon 9 lifted off from LC-39A. This is the picture I captured.

SpaceX launches Starlink-9

 

No comments: