Friday, May 30, 2025

Valkaria Flyers, LLC

 It doesn't seem like all that long ago that I posted a story about buying into an LLC that owned a plane. Today, I sold that share to an ambitious college student with a strong passion to learn to fly. During my time with the LLC, I entered about 240 hours of flight time in my logbook with flights covering many destinations in Florida, and a few outside the state.

Why did I sell? I've reached a point in my time building where I need to get instrument time, talking to ATC the entire flight, doing holds and approaches, and flying in the clouds. Unfortunately, this plane is incapable of flying instrument flight plans due to its lack of an instrument rated GPS. I considered flying around using VOR radios, but here in Florida, many have been removed from service as part of the Minimum Operating Network initiative.

What's next? I will go back to my original plan of finding a plane to rent and finding pilot(s) to share the expense with. Susan found a Facebook group that is dedicated to time building in Florida and I have a few contacts to explore.

My immediate goal is to reach 800 hours in the next month or two, then see if I can attract the attention of several of the charter companies that hire low-time pilots.

No comments: