Saturday, May 23, 2009

Florida Aircraft Expo

Today we drove to Melbourne to attend the Florida Aircraft Expo. The former manager of training at Galvin Flight Services in Seattle, Nick Frisch, is now in charge of training at the Florida Institute of Technology, which is based at Melbourne International Airport. Over the past few weeks, I've been in contact with him and planned to meet him today.

When we arrived at the airport, we started looking for signs to the Expo. We drove all the way around the airport and didn't see any sign of the Expo or Florida Tech. I asked Susan to call Nick and ask for directions. Unfortunately, he was in Seattle selling his house! But he was able to point us in the right direction.

The Expo was held in the Florida Tech hangar. We visited with representatives from Mooney, Liberty, Cessna, and Cirrus. The Cirrus rep was showing off a new SR-22. His job is to fly around the country showing off the plane and 'selling' it to potential buyers. He says the plane sells itself. Not a bad job, I'd say.

No comments: