Sunday, September 28, 2008

Across the Country - Day 2

Moses Lake, WA - Bozeman, MT
Mileage - 502
Miles Driven - 693


View Larger Map

Today was our first full day of driving, and I'm exhausted. The day started with a wake-up call from Tom Bodette (Motel 6) at 7:00AM. At 8:30, we were in our seats at Perkins Restaurant in Moses Lake, WA. Our friends, the Weeda's, met us a few minutes later. We ate and caught up and finally said our good-byes around 9:55.

At 10:00, we were once again eastbound on I-90. We should have got gas, but we didn't. Ninety miles later, I was beginning to think I'd be going for a long walk instead of a long drive, but luckily we found a gas station before the dreaded silence of a fuel-starved engine came to be. Soon afterwards, we said farewell to Washington and hello to Idaho. At only 69 miles wide, Idaho quickly disappeared in our rear view mirror. At the Idaho - Montana border, we stopped for lunch at Lookout Pass and rolled the clock an hour forward.

About an hour later, we pulled off the highway in Missoula, Montana for gas and a burrito. The drive from Missoula to Butte was spectular. The scenery was amazing, especially with the fantastic light from the sun beginning to set. In Butte, Montana, we crossed the continental divide, then stopped briefly for a potty break. Then it was back on the highway to Bozeman, Montana. We arrived safely, but exhausted, at 9:30PM.

Continue...

No comments: