Scheduled Time: 4:00PM - 7:00PM
Actual Hours Ground: 1.5
Actual Hours Flight: 1.1
Total Hours Flight: 14.8
Today took my final stage check before the check ride. I met Lawrence and we went over several areas or interest, then headed out to fly.
Actual Hours Ground: 1.5
Actual Hours Flight: 1.1
Total Hours Flight: 14.8
Today took my final stage check before the check ride. I met Lawrence and we went over several areas or interest, then headed out to fly.
The flight was very similar to the last flight. We started by simulating the planned flight to Sandpoint, ID. After simulating opening the flight plan, we simulated picking up flight following and were on our way. After a few miles, we stopped simulating and started doing commercial manuevers.
We started with slow flight, followed by a power-off stall. These went well, so we moved on to steep turns. One was just OK, but the other did not meet the test standards. We then moved on to chandelles and lazy 8's; both of which went pretty good. Finally, we attempted a steep spiral, but a low flying plane entered the space I had planned to decsend into, so we scrubbed the manuever after one turn.
Back at the airport, we attempted to do some 180 degree turns to landing, but the pattern was too full, so we did a soft field landing followed by a short field landing and called it a day.
Well, it looks like I will be needing another flight or two to polish my maneuvers.
No comments:
Post a Comment