Summary
Scheduled Time: 5:30PM - 7:30PM
Actual Hours Ground: 0.8
Actual Hours Flight: 0.0
Total Hours Flight: 12.3
Yesterday was another ground school day for me. My homework was to plan a flight to somewhere I've never been to before, so I chose Sandpoint, ID. I did all the planning tasks by hand - which is something I haven't done since my private pilot training days in the 90's. It took an hour and a half to gather all the weather, plan the route, calculate the distances, headings, speeds, and fuel burn for each leg. I didn't even get to finish the weights and balances before it was time to go to the airport.
I arrived a little early, so I did finish the weights and balances before my lesson. Then it was time to go over the plan. I was asked questions like, "Why did you choose this altitude for this leg?" and lots more like that. Then I was asked to define various symbols that I found on the map, and explain the various airspaces. Overall, it was strictly review and went very well.
No comments:
Post a Comment